In the Data Configuration Settings, you can choose which filters are visible to users when you select a metric on dashboards, and you can add or change demographic categories.
Who can do this?
Renaissance Analytics Administrators
Review and group demographics
It will take 24 hours for configuration changes to take effect.
Renaissance Analytics Administrators can access Data Configuration Settings by selecting Settings, then Data Configuration Settings.
When you come to this page, Demographic are selected.
On the left side of the page, you will see a list of the demographics that are available, and the first one (Current Grade Level) will be selected. Select the demographic that you want to see or change the settings for.
Note: Demographic breakdowns reflect the demographic information that you have entered in Renaissance software (gender, characteristics, etc.). If the demographic information has not been entered for students, it will not be available in Renaissance Analytics.
For the demographic that you have selected, you can see more information about the source of the data in Renaissance in the top right corner of the page.
For the selected demographic breakdown, you can do the following:
- Decide whether the demographic breakdown should be one of the available filters or bar graph views when you select a metric tile. To set this, use the toggle on the right side of the page to choose one of the following:
Note that it can take up to 24 hours for your change to take effect.
- Group demographics into your own categories:
- To create a new category, use the scrollbar under the existing categories to scroll to the right until you see the button, and select it to create your own category. Enter the category name, choose whether to make it the default category, and select Update.
- Use the above each existing category to edit the name or choose to make it the default category; then, select Update.
- Use the above existing categories to delete a category.
- To move a value from one category to another, check the value in the category list, select the category that you want to move it to from the drop-down list, and select Move.
School Level and School Region
To see School Levels (such as elementary, middle, and high) and School Region, select Schools toward the top of the page.
Use the School configurations if you need to change how your schools are grouped by level or region. You can follow the same instructions to make changes that you use for the other demographic breakdowns as described above.
Metric configurations are not available for Renaissance Analytics.