Who can do this with default user permissions?
These instructions are for teachers who manage their own rosters. If your rosters are managed by Renaissance Growth Platform, Clever, or ClassLink, contact your administrator about getting students added to your classes.
The transfer function makes it easy to pass students/rosters (and their data) to another teacher. For example, this action would be useful when all students in your 3rd-grade class move to another teacher for 4th grade (transfer roster). It is also useful when a student changes teachers at any point during the school year (transfer student).
To transfer a student, select Roster in the left navigation bar, and follow these steps:
- Scroll to the student you want to transfer and select the gear icon next to the student's name.
- Select Share/transfer with another teacher.
- Select the student(s) and teacher.
Make sure the correct student(s) is/are highlighted and then choose the teacher to whom you want to transfer the student(s) by selecting that teacher's name from the drop-down list. All teachers affiliated with your school will be listed. If you do not see a teacher's name, it means the teacher either does not have a Freckle account or is not affiliated with your school. You will need to ask the teacher to sign up for an account or check the teacher's school affiliation.
- Confirm the transfer of these students on the next page. These student(s) will move from your account to another teacher's account, and you will no longer have access to their data. You cannot undo this action from your account. Select Transfer Students to transfer the students to the new teacher.
To transfer an entire roster, select Roster in the left navigation bar and follow the steps below:
- In the upper-right corner of the roster you intend to transfer, select the gear icon and then select Transfer students to a teacher.
- Select the teacher to whom all students in the roster will be transferred (note that all students will be highlighted).
- Confirm the transfer of all students by selecting Transfer Students. Note that this action cannot be undone.