Who can do this with default user permissions?
As an existing Freckle teacher whose school enabled Clever, ClassLink, and bulk-roster integration, you must merge your old students with the new ones downloaded into your roster from your SIS.
Note that, while technically you're not mandated to perform the merge between your SIS students and the Freckle ones right away, it is strongly recommended you do that as early as you can to avoid confusion while using Freckle.
- Log in: Log in at classroom.freckle.com. You can also log into your teacher account from your Clever, ClassLink, or bulk-roster dashboard now if you so prefer.
- Start the merge flow: If this is your first login, you will be presented with the student merger screen. Students who have suggested merges will be gathered together and shown with a yellow background:
Note: This page will be your default home page until the merger is completed. You can always go back to this page by selecting the Freckle logo in the upper-left corner of the page.
- To merge all of the students with their suggested matches, select Confirm.
- You can also double-check the merges for one or more students by selecting their suggested match and then either:
- confirming the suggestion is good (by leaving it as-is),
- electing not to merge the student with anyone (by selecting the Don't merge... option), or
- scrolling down the list of all students and selecting a different student to merge with.
- To merge a student who isn't in the list of mergeable students, select the gear on the right end of the row, and then select Merge with a district-managed student.
The background for the student will turn yellow, and there will be a- Select Student drop-down list in their row. Use the drop-down to either:
- elect not to merge the student with anyone (by selecting the Don't merge...option), or
- scroll down the list of all students and select a different student to merge with.
Students should be logging in through Renaissance, Clever, or Classlink (depending on how the district is rostering). If the district did a CSV upload, then students will log in to classroom.freckle.com with their class code, first name, and last name exactly as they are listed in the roster.