Who can do this with default user permissions?
These instructions are for teachers who manage their own rosters. If your rosters are managed by Renaissance Growth Platform, Clever, or ClassLink, contact your administrator about getting students added to your classes.
Importing Your Students from Google Classroom
If you have your students in Google Classroom, you can skip manually typing out each student's name and import them into Freckle with a few simple clicks. Here's how it works:
- Select Roster in the left navigation bar.
- Select Add New Class.
- Select Import from Google Classroom.
- In the pop-up window, select the Google account you'd like to import your students from.
If you don't see this pop-up, check to make sure you're not using a pop-up blocker. If you are, you should see a red icon in the browser window where the URL is.
- Select ALLOW to give Freckle permission to access your Google Classroom data.
- Select a class to continue.
- Select a grade level for the class.
- Confirm all of the student names in your class. You can add new students or modify the settings for the students you'll be importing from Google Classroom.
- Once you've approved the names and selected Continue, your class will be created in Freckle
I chose the wrong Google account when importing, how do I change it?
To change the Google account associated with Freckle, you'll need to go to the "My Account" section of your Google account, find the "Connected Apps and Sites" section, and remove access for Freckle Education.
DO NOT REMOVE THIS ACCESS IF YOU USE GOOGLE TO LOG IN TO YOUR ACCOUNT.